WARNINGS!!!! LIGHTS ARE FOR UNDERWATER TRANSOM USE ONLY!!!!! AN UNDERWATER MARINE SEALANT REQUIRED AND 316 S/S SCREWS TO BE USED. PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION IS RECOMMENDED. VERIFY ALL DIMENSIONS BEFORE DRILLING ANY HOLES IN THE BOAT.
Flush Mount with the wire through the Transom
1. Look inside the boat making sure the area you want to mount the light is Free and Clear and accessible.
2. You want to mount the lights to the Transom leaving at least two inches between the light and the bottom of the boat.
3. Make a template, follow the plate and drill a pilot hole into the Transom approximately 3/16 inch to prevent cracking of the Gel Coat.( For screw mounted lights only)
4. For Non Screw installation prepare area by cleaning with alcohol.
5. Use a 3/16 inch Drill Bit and drill the hole for the wire.( be sure to measure for the wire offset)
6. Insert the wire thru the transom and apply sealant to the base of the wire on the back of the light.
7. Remove two sided tape backing. We recommend using the tape even when installing with screws.
8. Place the light on the transom and press for 1min.
9. Allow 72 hrs for the tape to fully cure or follow the next step to speed up the process.
10. This step is not required but is recommended for less down time and a proffesional finish.
Apply a bead of 5200 marine sealant around the outer edge of the light (or on the back prior to placing light on boat if mounting under or on the side of boat)then use mineral spirits with a WHITE towel and wipe until you achieve a smooth professional finish.
11. Go inside the boat to the area the wire comes through and seal the inside of the Transom with sealant as well. 12. To hook up the lights to power you must find a power source for the lights. We recommend using a relay but, it is not required.
13 Be sure if using a switch that it is rated for 10amps and a 16ga power lead for wire lengths exceeding 10ft.
This is for example only
Notice the sealant around the outer edge and only 3 pieces of tape. It required chiseling to remove from hull See video on Youtube of this light being removed. Screws are not required and no hull damage when removed.
Thank You for choosing us.
If you have any questions or concerns please dont hesitate to ask using the contact us form at www.thebestfishinglights.com or thru ebay messaging
We appreciate 5 Star Feedback on Ebay &
Great Reviews on Amazon
Like us on Facebook and follow us on ebay for our incredible sales.